Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Labial(0.01408 detik)
Found 2 items, similar to Labial.
English → English (WordNet)
adj 1: of or relating to the lips of the mouth; “labial stops”
2: relating to or near the female labium
n : a consonant whose articulation involves movement of the lips
[syn: labial consonant]
English → English (gcide)
Labial \La"bi*al\, a. [LL. labialis, fr. L. labium lip: cf. F.
labial. See Lip.]
1. Of or pertaining to the lips or labia; as, labial veins.
2. (Mus.) Furnished with lips; as, a labial organ pipe.
(a) Articulated, as a consonant, mainly by the lips, as b,
p, m, w.
(b) Modified, as a vowel, by contraction of the lip
opening, as [=oo] (f[=oo]d), [=o] ([=o]ld), etc., and
as eu and u in French, and ["o], ["u] in German. See
Guide to Pronunciation, [sect][sect] 11, 178.
4. (Zo["o]l.) Of or pertaining to the labium; as, the labial
palpi of insects. See Labium.
Labial \La"bi*al\, n.
1. (Phonetics) A letter or character representing an
articulation or sound formed or uttered chiefly with the
lips, as b, p, w.
2. (Mus.) An organ pipe that is furnished with lips; a flue
3. (Zo["o]l.) One of the scales which border the mouth of a
fish or reptile.