Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Knuckle of veal (0.00818 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to Knuckle of veal.
English → English
Definition: Knuckle of veal
, n. [OE. knokel, knokil, AS. cuncel; akin to
D. knokkel, OFries. knokele, knokle, G. kn["o]chel, Sw.
knoge, Dan. knokkel, G. knochen bone, and perh. to E. knock.]
1. The joint of a finger, particularly when made prominent by
the closing of the fingers. --Davenant.
2. The kneejoint, or middle joint, of either leg of a
quadruped, especially of a calf; -- formerly used of the
kneejoint of a human being.
With weary knuckles on thy brim she kneeled sadly
3. The joint of a plant. [Obs.] --Bacon.
4. (Mech.) The joining parts of a hinge through which the pin
or rivet passes; a knuckle joint.
5. (Shipbuilding) A convex portion of a vessel's figure where
a sudden change of shape occurs, as in a canal boat, where
a nearly vertical side joins a nearly flat bottom.
6. A contrivance, usually of brass or iron, and furnished
with points, worn to protect the hand, to add force to a
blow, and to disfigure the person struck; -- called also
or brass knuckles
(Mach.), a hinge joint, in which a projection
with an eye, on one piece, enters a jaw between two
corresponding projections with eyes, on another piece, and
is retained by a pin which passes through the eyes and
forms the pivot.
Knuckle of veal
(Cookery), the lower part of a leg of veal,
from the line of the body to the knuckle.