Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Jump joint (0.00835 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to Jump joint.
English → English
Definition: Jump joint
1. The act of jumping; a leap; a spring; a bound. “To
advance by jumps.”
2. An effort; an attempt; a venture. [Obs.]
Our fortune lies
Upon thisjump. --Shak.
3. The space traversed by a leap.
4. (Mining) A dislocation in a stratum; a fault.
5. (Arch.) An abrupt interruption of level in a piece of
brickwork or masonry.
6. A jump-start; as, to get a jump from a passing mmotorist.
From the jump
, from the start or beginning. [Colloq.]
(a) A butt joint.
(b) A flush joint, as of plank in carvel-built vessels.
(a) A movable carriage seat.
(b) A carriage constructed with a seat which may be
shifted so as to make room for second or extra seat.
Also used adjectively; as, a jump-seat wagon.