Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Jockey(0.01478 detik)
Found 3 items, similar to Jockey.
English → Indonesian (quick)
English → English (WordNet)
n 1: someone employed to ride horses in horse races
2: an operator of some vehicle or machine or apparatus; “he's a
truck jockey”; “a computer jockey”; “a disc jockey”
v 1: defeat someone in an expectation through trickery or deceit
[syn: cheat, chouse, shaft, screw, chicane]
2: compete (for an advantage or a position)
3: ride a race-horse as a professional jockey
English → English (gcide)
Jockey \Jock"ey\, n.; pl. Jockeys. [Dim. of Jack, Scot. Jock;
orig., a boy who rides horses. See 2d Jack.]
1. A professional rider of horses in races. --Addison.
2. A dealer in horses; a horse trader. --Macaulay.
3. A cheat; one given to sharp practice in trade.
Jockey \Jock"ey\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Jockeyed; p. pr. & vb.
1. “ To jostle by riding against one.” --Johnson.
2. To play the jockey toward; to cheat; to trick; to impose
upon in trade; as, to jockey a customer.
3. To maneuver; to move in an intricate manner so as to avoid
obstacles; as, to jockey a large cabinet up a winding
Jockey \Jock"ey\, v. i.
1. To play or act the jockey; to cheat.
2. To maneuver oneself aggressivley or skillfully so as to
achieve an advantage; as, he jockeyed himself into
position to be noticed.