Found 1 items, similar to Isometrical perspective.
English → English
Definition: Isometrical perspective
, n. [F. perspective, fr. perspectif:
cf. It. perspettiva. See Perspective
1. A glass through which objects are viewed. [Obs.] “Not a
perspective, but a mirror.”
--Sir T. Browne.
2. That which is seen through an opening; a view; a vista.
“The perspective of life.”
3. The effect of distance upon the appearance of objects, by
means of which the eye recognized them as being at a more
or less measurable distance. Hence, a["e]rial perspective,
the assumed greater vagueness or uncertainty of outline in
A["e]rial perspective is the expression of space by
any means whatsoever, sharpness of edge, vividness
of color, etc. --Ruskin.
4. The art and the science of so delineating objects that
they shall seem to grow smaller as they recede from the
eye; -- called also linear perspective
5. A drawing in linear perspective.
, an inaccurate term for a
mechanical way of representing objects in the direction of
the diagonal of a cube.
, a telescope which shows objects in the
, Isometrical \I`so*met"ric*al\
[Iso- + Gr. me`tron measure.]
1. Pertaining to, or characterized by, equality of measure.
2. (Crystallog.) Noting, or conforming to, that system of
crystallization in which the three axes are of equal
length and at right angles to each other; monometric;
regular; cubic. Cf. Crystallization
3. Of or pertaining to isometrics.
(Thermodynamics), lines representing in a
diagram the relations of pressure and temperature in a
gas, when the volume remains constant.
. See under Perspective
, a species of orthographic
projection, in which but a single plane of projection is
used. It is so named from the fact that the projections of
three equal lines, parallel respectively to three
rectangular axes, are equal to one another. This kind of
projection is principally used in delineating buildings or
machinery, in which the principal lines are parallel to
three rectangular axes, and the principal planes are
parallel to three rectangular planes passing through the