Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Island(0.00969 detik)
Found 3 items, similar to Island.
English → Indonesian (quick)
English → English (WordNet)
n 1: a land mass (smaller than a continent) that is surrounded by
2: a zone or area resembling an island
English → English (gcide)
Island \Is"land\, n. [OE. iland, yland, AS. [=i]gland, ?gland,
?glond; [=i]g, ?g, island + land, lond, land. AS. [=i]g, ?g,
is akin to AS. e['a] water, river, OHG. ?uwa, G. au meadow,
Icel. ey island, Dan. & Sw. ["o], Goth. ahwa a stream, water,
L. aqua water. The s is due to confusion with isle. Cf.
Ait, Eyot, Ewer, Aquatic.]
1. A tract of land surrounded by water, and smaller than a
continent. Cf. Continent.
2. Anything regarded as resembling an island; as, an island
3. (Zo["o]l.) See Isle, n., 2.
Islands of the blessed (Myth.), islands supposed to lie in
the Western Ocean, where the favorites of the gods are
conveyed at death, and dwell in everlasting joy.
Island \Is"land\, v. t.
1. To cause to become or to resemble an island; to make an
island or islands of; to isle. --Shelley.
2. To furnish with an island or with islands; as, to island
the deep. --Southey.