Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Iris(0.01357 detik)
Found 5 items, similar to Iris.
English → Indonesian (Kamus Landak)
Indonesian → English (Kamus Landak)
Indonesian → English (quick)
English → English (WordNet)
n 1: plants with sword-shaped leaves and erect stalks bearing
bright-colored flowers composed of three petals and
three drooping sepals [syn: flag, fleur-de-lis, sword lily
2: muscular diaphragm that controls the size of the pupil; it
forms the colored portion of the eye
3: diaphragm consisting of thin overlapping plates that can be
adjusted to change the diameter of a central opening [syn:
[also: irides (pl)]
English → English (gcide)
Iris \I"ris\, n.; pl. E. Irises, L. Irides. [L. iris,
iridis, the goddess, Gr. ?, ?, the rainbow, iris of the eye,
the plant Iris. Cf. Orris.]
1. (Class. Myth.) The goddess of the rainbow, and
swift-footed messenger of the gods. --Shak.
2. The rainbow. --Sir T. Browne.
3. An appearance resembling the rainbow; a prismatic play of
4. (Anat.) The contractile membrane perforated by the pupil,
and forming the colored portion of the eye. See Eye.
5. (Bot.) A genus of plants having showy flowers and bulbous
or tuberous roots, of which the flower-de-luce
(fleur-de-lis), orris, and other species of flag are
examples. See Illust. of Flower-de-luce.
6. (Her.) See Fleur-de-lis, 2.
7. (Zo["o]l.) the inner circle of an oscillated color spot.
[Webster 1913 Suppl.]
8. same as iris diaphragm.