Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Intended(0.01195 detik)
Found 4 items, similar to Intended.
English → Indonesian (Kamus Landak)
English → Indonesian (quick)
bakal, terangan-angan, terniat
English → English (WordNet)
adj 1: intentional or planned; “your intended trip abroud”; “an
intended insult” [ant: unintended]
2: future; betrothed; “his intended bride” English → English (gcide)
Intend \In*tend"\ ([i^]n*t[e^]nd"), v. t. [imp. & p. p.
Intended; p. pr. & vb. n. Intending.] [OE. entenden to be
attentive, F. entendre, fr. L. intendre, intentum, and
intensum, to intend, attend, stretch out, extend; pref. in-
in + tendere to stretch, stretch out. See Tend.]
1. To stretch; to extend; to distend. [Obs.]
By this the lungs are intended or remitted. --Sir M.
2. To strain; to make tense. [Obs.]
When a bow is successively intended and remedied.
3. To intensify; to strengthen. [Obs.] --Sir T. Browne.
Magnetism may be intended and remitted. --Sir I.
4. To apply with energy.
Let him intend his mind, without respite, without
rest, in one direction. --Emerson.
5. To bend or turn; to direct, as one's course or journey.
6. To fix the mind on; to attend to; to take care of; to
superintend; to regard. [Obs.]
Having no children, she did, with singular care and
tenderness, intend the education of Philip. --Bacon.
My soul, not being able to intend two things at
once, abated of its fervency in praying. --Fuller.
7. To fix the mind upon (something to be accomplished); to be
intent upon; to mean; to design; to plan; to purpose; --
often followed by an infinitely with to, or a dependent
clause with that; as, he intends to go; he intends that
she shall remain.
They intended evil against thee. --Ps. xxi. 11.
To-morrow he intends
To hunt the boar with certain of his friends.
8. To design mechanically or artistically; to fashion; to
Modesty was made
When she was first intended. --Beau. & Fl.
9. To pretend; to counterfeit; to simulate. [Obs.]
Intend a kind of zeal both to the prince and
Syn: To purpose; mean; design; plan; conceive; contemplate.
Intended \In*tend"ed\, a.
1. Made tense; stretched out; extended; forcible; violent.
2. Purposed; designed; as, intended harm or help.
They drew a curse from an intended good. --Cowper.
3. Betrothed; affianced; as, an intended husband.
Intended \In*tend"ed\, n.
One with whom marriage is designed; one who is betrothed; an
If it were not that I might appear to disparage his
intended, . . . I would add that to me she seems to be
throwing herself away. --Dickens.