Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Inclination of the needle(0.01015 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to Inclination of the needle.
English → English (gcide)
Definition: Inclination of the needle
Inclination \In`cli*na"tion\, n. [L. inclinatio: cf. F.
1. The act of inclining, or state of being inclined; a
leaning; as, an inclination of the head.
2. A direction or tendency from the true vertical or
horizontal direction; as, the inclination of a column, or
of a road bed.
3. A tendency towards another body or point.
4. (Geom.) The angle made by two lines or planes; as, the
inclination of the plane of the earth's equator to the
plane of the ecliptic is about 23[deg] 28'; the
inclination of two rays of light.
5. A leaning or tendency of the mind, feelings, preferences,
or will; propensity; a disposition more favorable to one
thing than to another; favor; desire; love.
A mere inclination to a thing is not properly a
willing of that thing. --South.
How dost thou find the inclination of the people?
6. A person or thing loved or admired. --Sir W. Temple.
7. (Pharm.) Decantation, or tipping for pouring.
Inclination compass, an inclinometer.
Inclination of an orbit (Astron.), the angle which the
orbit makes with the ecliptic.
Inclination of the needle. See Dip of the needle, under
Syn: Bent; tendency; proneness; bias; proclivity; propensity;
prepossession; predilection; attachment; desire;
affection; love. See Bent, and cf. Disposition.