Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Inclination compass (0.00953 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to Inclination compass.
English → English
Definition: Inclination compass
, n. [L. inclinatio: cf. F.
1. The act of inclining, or state of being inclined; a
leaning; as, an inclination of the head.
2. A direction or tendency from the true vertical or
horizontal direction; as, the inclination of a column, or
of a road bed.
3. A tendency towards another body or point.
4. (Geom.) The angle made by two lines or planes; as, the
inclination of the plane of the earth's equator to the
plane of the ecliptic is about 23[deg] 28'; the
inclination of two rays of light.
5. A leaning or tendency of the mind, feelings, preferences,
or will; propensity; a disposition more favorable to one
thing than to another; favor; desire; love.
A mere inclination to a thing is not properly a
willing of that thing. --South.
How dost thou find the inclination of the people?
6. A person or thing loved or admired. --Sir W. Temple.
7. (Pharm.) Decantation, or tipping for pouring.
, an inclinometer.
Inclination of an orbit
(Astron.), the angle which the
orbit makes with the ecliptic.
Inclination of the needle
. See Dip of the needle
Syn: Bent; tendency; proneness; bias; proclivity; propensity;
prepossession; predilection; attachment; desire;
affection; love. See Bent
, and cf. Disposition