Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: In sport (0.00982 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to In sport.
English → English
Definition: In sport
(sp[=o]rt), n. [Abbreviated from disport.]
1. That which diverts, and makes mirth; pastime; amusement.
It is as sport to a fool to do mischief. --Prov. x.
Her sports were such as carried riches of knowledge
upon the stream of delight. --Sir P.
Think it but a minute spent in sport. --Shak.
2. Mock; mockery; contemptuous mirth; derision.
Then make sport at me; then let me be your jest.
3. That with which one plays, or which is driven about in
play; a toy; a plaything; an object of mockery.
Flitting leaves, the sport of every wind. --Dryden.
Never does man appear to greater disadvantage than
when he is the sport of his own ungoverned passions.
4. Play; idle jingle.
An author who should introduce such a sport of words
upon our stage would meet with small applause.
5. Diversion of the field, as fowling, hunting, fishing,
racing, games, and the like, esp. when money is staked.
6. (Bot. & Zo["o]l.) A plant or an animal, or part of a plant
or animal, which has some peculiarity not usually seen in
the species; an abnormal variety or growth. See Sporting plant
, under Sporting
7. A sportsman; a gambler. [Slang]
, in jest; for play or diversion. “So is the man
that deceiveth his neighbor, and saith, Am not I in
--Prov. xxvi. 19.
Syn: Play; game; diversion; frolic; mirth; mock; mockery;