Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Imposition(0.01307 detik)
Found 3 items, similar to Imposition.
English → Indonesian (quick)
English → English (WordNet)
n 1: the act of imposing something (as a tax or an embargo) [syn:
2: an uncalled-for burden; “he listened but resented the
imposition” English → English (gcide)
Imposition \Im`po*si"tion\, n. [F., fr. L. impositio the
application of a name to a thing. See Impone.]
1. The act of imposing, laying on, affixing, enjoining,
inflicting, obtruding, and the like. “From imposition of
strict laws.” --Milton.
Made more solemn by the imposition of hands.
2. That which is imposed, levied, or enjoined; charge;
burden; injunction; tax.
3. (Eng. Univ.) An extra exercise enjoined on students as a
punishment. --T. Warton.
4. An excessive, arbitrary, or unlawful exaction; hence, a
trick or deception put on laid on others; cheating; fraud;
Reputation is an idle and most false imposition.
5. (Eccl.) The act of laying on the hands as a religious
ceremoy, in ordination, confirmation, etc.
6. (Print.) The act or process of imosing pages or columns of
type. See Impose, v. t., 4.
Syn: Deceit; fraud; imposture. See Deception.