Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Honors are easy(0.01229 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to Honors are easy.
English → English (gcide)
Definition: Honors are easy
Easy \Eas"y\, a. [Compar. Easier; superl. Easiest.] [OF.
aisi['e], F. ais['e], prop. p. p. of OF. aisier. See Ease,
1. At ease; free from pain, trouble, or constraint; as:
(a) Free from pain, distress, toil, exertion, and the
like; quiet; as, the patient is easy.
(b) Free from care, responsibility, discontent, and the
like; not anxious; tranquil; as, an easy mind.
(c) Free from constraint, harshness, or formality;
unconstrained; smooth; as, easy manners; an easy
style. “The easy vigor of a line.” --Pope.
2. Not causing, or attended with, pain or disquiet, or much
exertion; affording ease or rest; as, an easy carriage; a
ship having an easy motion; easy movements, as in dancing.
“Easy ways to die.” --Shak.
3. Not difficult; requiring little labor or effort; slight;
inconsiderable; as, an easy task; an easy victory.
It were an easy leap. --Shak.
4. Causing ease; giving freedom from care or labor;
furnishing comfort; commodious; as, easy circumstances; an
easy chair or cushion.
5. Not making resistance or showing unwillingness; tractable;
yielding; complying; ready.
He gained their easy hearts. --Dryden.
He is too tyrannical to be an easy monarch. --Sir W.
6. Moderate; sparing; frugal. [Obs.] --Chaucer.
7. (Com.) Not straitened as to money matters; as, the market
is easy; -- opposed to tight.
Honors are easy (Card Playing), said when each side has an
equal number of honors, in which case they are not counted
Syn: Quiet; comfortable; manageable; tranquil; calm; facile;