Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Hazard table(0.01462 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to Hazard table.
English → English (gcide)
Definition: Hazard table
Hazard \Haz"ard\ (h[a^]z"[~e]rd), n. [F. hasard, Sp. azar an
unforeseen disaster or accident, an unfortunate card or throw
at dice, prob. fr. Ar. zahr, z[=a]r, a die, which, with the
article al the, would give azzahr, azz[=a]r.]
1. A game of chance played with dice. --Chaucer.
2. The uncertain result of throwing a die; hence, a
fortuitous event; chance; accident; casualty.
I will stand the hazard of the die. --Shak.
3. Risk; danger; peril; as, he encountered the enemy at the
hazard of his reputation and life.
Men are led on from one stage of life to another in
a condition of the utmost hazard. --Rogers.
4. (Billiards) Holing a ball, whether the object ball
(winning hazard) or the player's ball (losing hazard).
5. Anything that is hazarded or risked, as the stakes in
gaming. “Your latter hazard.” --Shak.
6. (Golf) Any place into which the ball may not be safely
played, such as bunkers, furze, water, sand, or other kind
of bad ground.
[Webster 1913 Suppl.]
Hazard table, a table on which hazard is played, or any
game of chance for stakes.
To run the hazard, to take the chance or risk.
Syn: Danger; risk; chance. See Danger.