Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Haliastur Indus (0.00963 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to Haliastur Indus.
English → English
Definition: Haliastur Indus
(k[imac]t), n. [OE. kyte, AS. c[=y]ta; cf. W. cud,
1. (Zo["o]l.) Any raptorial bird of the subfamily
, of which many species are known. They have
long wings, adapted for soaring, and usually a forked
Note: The European species are Milvus ictinus
and Milvus migrans
; the pariah kite of India is Milvus govinda
the sacred or Brahmany kite of India is Haliastur Indus
; the American fork-tailed kite is the Nauclerus furcatus
2. Fig.: One who is rapacious.
Detested kite, thou liest. --Shak.
3. A light frame of wood or other material covered with paper
or cloth, for flying in the air at the end of a string.
4. (Naut.) A lofty sail, carried only when the wind is light.
5. (Geom.) A quadrilateral, one of whose diagonals is an axis
of symmetry. --Henrici.
6. Fictitious commercial paper used for raising money or to
sustain credit, as a check which represents no deposit in
bank, or a bill of exchange not sanctioned by sale of
goods; an accommodation check or bill. [Cant]
7. (Zo["o]l.) The brill. [Prov. Eng.]
8. (Naut.) A form of drag to be towed under water at any
depth up to about forty fathoms, which on striking bottom
is upset and rises to the surface; -- called also
[Webster 1913 Suppl.]
. (Naut.) See under Flying
(Zo["o]l.), an African falcon of the genus
, having some resemblance to a kite.