Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Hag moth(0.01517 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to Hag moth.
English → English (gcide)
Definition: Hag moth
Hag \Hag\ (h[a^]g), n. [OE. hagge, hegge, witch, hag, AS.
h[ae]gtesse; akin to OHG. hagazussa, G. hexe, D. heks, Dan.
hex, Sw. h["a]xa. The first part of the word is prob. the
same as E. haw, hedge, and the orig. meaning was perh., wood
woman, wild woman. [root]12.]
1. A witch, sorceress, or enchantress; also, a wizard. [Obs.]
``[Silenus] that old hag.'' --Golding.
2. An ugly old woman. --Dryden.
3. A fury; a she-monster. --Crashaw.
4. (Zo["o]l.) An eel-like marine marsipobranch (Myxine glutinosa
), allied to the lamprey. It has a suctorial
mouth, with labial appendages, and a single pair of gill
openings. It is the type of the order Hyperotreta.
Called also hagfish, borer, slime eel, sucker, and
5. (Zo["o]l.) The hagdon or shearwater.
6. An appearance of light and fire on a horse's mane or a
man's hair. --Blount.
Hag moth (Zo["o]l.), a moth (Phobetron pithecium), the
larva of which has curious side appendages, and feeds on
Hag's tooth (Naut.), an ugly irregularity in the pattern of
matting or pointing.