Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Gut(0.01297 detik)
Found 4 items, similar to Gut.
English → Indonesian (Kamus Landak)
English → Indonesian (quick)
English → English (WordNet)
n 1: the part of the alimentary canal between the stomach and the
anus [syn: intestine, bowel]
2: a strong cord made from the intestines of sheep and used in
surgery [syn: catgut]
v 1: empty completely; destroy the inside of; “Gut the building”
2: remove the guts of; “gut the sheep” English → English (gcide)
Gut \Gut\, n. [OE. gut, got, AS. gut, prob. orig., a channel,
and akin to ge['o]tan to pour. See FOUND to cast.]
1. A narrow passage of water; as, the Gut of Canso.
2. An intenstine; a bowel; the whole alimentary canal; the
enteron; (pl.) bowels; entrails.
3. One of the prepared entrails of an animal, esp. of a
sheep, used for various purposes. See Catgut.
4. The sac of silk taken from a silkworm (when ready to spin
its cocoon), for the purpose of drawing it out into a
thread. This, when dry, is exceedingly strong, and is used
as the snood of a fish line.
Blind gut. See C[AE]cum, n.
Gut \Gut\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Gutted; p. pr. & vb. n.
1. To take out the bowels from; to eviscerate.
2. To plunder of contents; to destroy or remove the interior
or contents of; as, a mob gutted the house.
Tom Brown, of facetious memory, having gutted a
name of its vowels, used it as freely as he pleased.