Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Gouge(0.00864 detik)
Found 2 items, similar to Gouge.
English → English (WordNet)
v 1: force with the thumb; “gouge out his eyes” [syn: force out]
2: obtain by coercion or intimidation; “They extorted money
from the executive by threatening to reveal his past to
the company boss”; “They squeezed money from the owner of
the business by threatening him” [syn: extort, squeeze,
3: make a groove in [syn: rout]
n 1: an impression in a surface (as made by a blow) [syn: dent,
2: and edge tool with a blade like a trough for cutting
channels or grooves
3: the act of gouging
English → English (gcide)
Gouge \Gouge\, n. [F. gouge. LL. gubia, guvia, gulbia, gulvia,
gulvium; cf. Bisc. gubia bow, gubioa throat.]
1. A chisel, with a hollow or semicylindrical blade, for
scooping or cutting holes, channels, or grooves, in wood,
stone, etc.; a similar instrument, with curved edge, for
2. A bookbinder's tool for blind tooling or gilding, having a
face which forms a curve.
3. An incising tool which cuts forms or blanks for gloves,
envelopes, etc. from leather, paper, etc. --Knight.
4. (Mining) Soft material lying between the wall of a vein
and the solid vein. --Raymond.
5. The act of scooping out with a gouge, or as with a gouge;
a groove or cavity scooped out, as with a gouge.
6. Imposition; cheat; fraud; also, an impostor; a cheat; a
trickish person. [Slang, U. S.]
Gouge bit, a boring bit, shaped like a gouge.