Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Gorget(0.01305 detik)
Found 3 items, similar to Gorget.
English → Indonesian (quick)
English → English (WordNet)
n : armor plate that protects the neck
English → English (gcide)
Gorget \Gor"get\, n. [OF. gorgete, dim. of gorge throat. See
1. A piece of armor, whether of chain mail or of plate,
defending the throat and upper part of the breast, and
forming a part of the double breastplate of the 14th
2. A piece of plate armor covering the same parts and worn
over the buff coat in the 17th century, and without other
Unfix the gorget's iron clasp. --Sir W.
3. A small ornamental plate, usually crescent-shaped, and of
gilded copper, formerly hung around the neck of officers
in full uniform in some modern armies.
4. A ruff worn by women. [Obs.]
(a) A cutting instrument used in lithotomy.
(b) A grooved instrunent used in performing various
operations; -- called also blunt gorget.
6. (Zo["o]l.) A crescent-shaped, colored patch on the neck of
a bird or mammal.
Gorget hummer (Zo["o]l.), a humming bird of the genus
Trochilus. See Rubythroat.