Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Gobio fluviatilis(0.00996 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to Gobio fluviatilis.
English → English (gcide)
Definition: Gobio fluviatilis
Gudgeon \Gud"geon\ (g[u^]j"[u^]n), n. [OE. gojon, F. goujon,
from L. gobio, or gobius, Gr. kwbio`s Cf. 1st Goby. ]
1. (Zo["o]l.) A small European freshwater fish (Gobio fluviatilis
), allied to the carp. It is easily caught and
often used for food and for bait. In America the
killifishes or minnows are often called gudgeons.
2. What may be got without skill or merit.
Fish not, with this melancholy bait,
For this fool gudgeon, this opinion. --Shak.
3. A person easily duped or cheated. --Swift.
4. (Mach.) The pin of iron fastened in the end of a wooden
shaft or axle, on which it turns; formerly, any journal,
or pivot, or bearing, as the pintle and eye of a hinge,
but esp. the end journal of a horizontal.
6. (Naut.) A metal eye or socket attached to the sternpost to
receive the pintle of the rudder.
Ball gudgeon. See under Ball.