Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Forging(0.01100 detik)
Found 3 items, similar to Forging.
English → Indonesian (quick)
English → English (WordNet)
n : shaping metal by heating and hammering
English → English (gcide)
Forge \Forge\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Forged; p. pr. & vb. n.
Forging.] [F. forger, OF. forgier, fr. L. fabricare,
fabricari, to form, frame, fashion, from fabrica. See
Forge, n., and cf. Fabricate.]
1. To form by heating and hammering; to beat into any
particular shape, as a metal.
Mars's armor forged for proof eterne. --Shak.
2. To form or shape out in any way; to produce; to frame; to
Those names that the schools forged, and put into
the mouth of scholars, could never get admittance
into common use. --Locke.
Do forge a life-long trouble for ourselves.
3. To coin. [Obs.] --Chaucer.
4. To make falsely; to produce, as that which is untrue or
not genuine; to fabricate; to counterfeit, as, a
signature, or a signed document.
That paltry story is untrue,
And forged to cheat such gulls as you. --Hudibras.
Forged certificates of his . . . moral character.
Syn: To fabricate; counterfeit; feign; falsify.
Forging \For"ging\, n.
1. The act of shaping metal by hammering or pressing.
2. The act of counterfeiting.
3. (Mach.) A piece of forged work in metal; -- a general name
for a piece of hammered iron or steel.
There are very few yards in the world at which such
forgings could be turned out. --London