Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Flute bit (0.00989 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to Flute bit.
English → English
Definition: Flute bit
, n. [OE. floute, floite, fr. OF. fla["u]te,
flahute, flahuste, F. fl?te; cf. LL. flauta, D. fluit. See
, v. i.]
1. A musical wind instrument, consisting of a hollow cylinder
or pipe, with holes along its length, stopped by the
fingers or by keys which are opened by the fingers. The
modern flute is closed at the upper end, and blown with
the mouth at a lateral hole.
The breathing flute's soft notes are heard around.
2. (Arch.) A channel of curved section; -- usually applied to
one of a vertical series of such channels used to decorate
columns and pilasters in classical architecture. See
Illust. under Base
3. A similar channel or groove made in wood or other
material, esp. in plaited cloth, as in a lady's ruffle.
4. A long French breakfast roll. --Simonds.
5. A stop in an organ, having a flutelike sound.
, a boring tool for piercing ebony, rosewood, and
other hard woods.
, an organ pipe having a sharp lip or wind-cutter
which imparts vibrations to the column of air in the pipe.