Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Fillet(0.01039 detik)
Found 2 items, similar to Fillet.
English → English (WordNet)
v 1: decorate with a lace of geometric designs [syn: filet]
2: cut into filets; “filet the fish” [syn: filet]
n 1: a boneless steak cut from the tenderloin of beef [syn: filet]
2: a longitudinal slice or boned side of a fish [syn: filet,
fish fillet, fish filet]
3: a bundle of sensory nerve fibers going to the thalamus [syn:
4: a narrow headband or strip of ribbon worn as a headband
[syn: taenia, tenia]
5: fastener consisting of a narrow strip of welded metal used
to join steel members [syn: stopping]
English → English (gcide)
Fillet \Fil"let\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Filleted; p. pr. & vb.
To bind, furnish, or adorn with a fillet.
Fillet \Fil"let\, n. [OE. filet, felet, fr. OF. filet thread,
fillet of meat, dim. of fil a thread, fr. L. filum. See
Fille a row.]
1. A little band, especially one intended to encircle the
hair of the head.
A belt her waist, a fillet binds her hair. --Pope.
2. (Cooking) A piece of lean meat without bone; sometimes, a
long strip rolled together and tied.
Note: A fillet of beef is the under side of the sirlom; also
called tenderloin. A fillet of veal or mutton is the
fleshy part of the thigh. A fillet of fish is a slice
of flat fish without bone. “Fillet of a fenny snake.”
3. A thin strip or ribbon; esp.:
(a) A strip of metal from which coins are punched.
(b) A strip of card clothing.
(c) A thin projecting band or strip.
4. (Mach.) A concave filling in of a re["e]ntrant angle where
two surfaces meet, forming a rounded corner.
5. (Arch.) A narrow flat member; especially, a flat molding
separating other moldings; a reglet; also, the space
between two flutings in a shaft. See Illust. of Base,
6. (Her.) An ordinary equaling in breadth one fourth of the
chief, to the lowest portion of which it corresponds in
7. (Mech.) The thread of a screw.
8. A border of broad or narrow lines of color or gilt.
9. The raised molding about the muzzle of a gun.
10. Any scantling smaller than a batten.
11. (Anat.) A fascia; a band of fibers; applied esp. to
certain bands of white matter in the brain.
12. (Man.) The loins of a horse, beginning at the place where
the hinder part of the saddle rests.
Arris fillet. See under Arris.