Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Fagot iron(0.00999 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to Fagot iron.
English → English (gcide)
Definition: Fagot iron
fagot \fag"ot\ (f[a^]g"[u^]t) n. [F., prob. aug. of L. fax,
facis, torch, perh. orig., a bundle of sticks; cf. Gr.
fa`kelos bundle, fagot. Cf. Fagotto.]
1. A bundle of sticks, twigs, or small branches of trees,
used for fuel, for raising batteries, filling ditches, or
other purposes in fortification; a fascine. --Shak.
2. A bundle of pieces of wrought iron to be worked over into
bars or other shapes by rolling or hammering at a welding
heat; a pile.
3. (Mus.) A bassoon. See Fagotto.
4. A person hired to take the place of another at the muster
of a company. [Eng.] --Addison.
5. An old shriveled woman. [Slang, Eng.]
Fagot iron, iron, in bars or masses, manufactured from
Fagot vote, the vote of a person who has been constituted a
voter by being made a landholder, for party purposes.
[Political cant, Eng.]