Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: FREEDOM(0.00865 detik)
Found 3 items, similar to FREEDOM.
English → Indonesian (quick)
English → English (WordNet)
n 1: the condition of being free; the power to act or speak or
think without externally imposed restraints
2: immunity from an obligation or duty [syn: exemption]
English → English (gcide)
Freedom \Free"dom\ (fr[=e]"d[u^]m), n. [AS. fre['o]d[=o]m;
fre['o]free + -dom. See Free, and -dom.]
1. The state of being free; exemption from the power and
control of another; liberty; independence.
Made captive, yet deserving freedom more. --Milton.
2. Privileges; franchises; immunities.
Your charter and your caty's freedom. --Shak.
3. Exemption from necessity, in choise and action; as, the
freedom of the will.
4. Ease; facility; as, he speaks or acts with freedom.
5. Frankness; openness; unreservedness.
I emboldened spake and freedom used. --Milton.
6. Improper familiarity; violation of the rules of decorum;
7. Generosity; liberality. [Obs.] --Chaucer.
Freedom fine, a sum paid on entry to incorporations of
Freedom of the city, the possession of the rights and
privileges of a freeman of the city; formerly often, and
now occasionally, conferred on one not a resident, as a
mark of honorary distinction for public services.
Syn: See Liberty.