Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Ethnic(0.01271 detik)
Found 3 items, similar to Ethnic.
English → Indonesian (quick)
English → English (WordNet)
adj 1: denoting or deriving from or distinctive of the ways of
living built up by a group of people; “influenced by
ethnic and cultural ties”- J.F.Kennedy; “ethnic food”
[syn: cultural, ethnical]
2: not acknowledging the God of Christianity and Judaism and
Islam [syn: heathen, heathenish, pagan]
English → English (gcide)
Ethnic \Eth"nic\, Ethnical \Eth"nic*al\, a. [L. ethnicus, Gr. ?,
fr. ? nation, ? ? the nations, heathens, gentiles: cf. F.
1. Belonging to races or nations; based on distinctions of
2. Pertaining to the gentiles, or nations not converted to
Christianity; heathen; pagan; -- opposed to Jewish and
3. of or pertaining to a group having a distinct racial,
cultural, religious or linguistic character; as, ethnic
differences within a population can cause civil war.
4. being a member of a distinct racial or cultural minority
within a larger population; as, ethnic Chinese own most of
the businesses in Indonesia.
1. A heathen; a pagan. [Obs.]
No better reported than impure ethnic and lay dogs.
2. a member of an ethnic group.