Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Embracing(0.01236 detik)
Found 4 items, similar to Embracing.
English → Indonesian (Kamus Landak)
English → Indonesian (quick)
berdekap, cakup, cangkum, dekap, memeluk, mencakupi, menggeluti, merangkul, merangkum, rangkul, rangkuman
English → English (WordNet)
n : the act of clasping another person in the arms (as in
greeting or affection) [syn: embrace]
English → English (gcide)
Embrace \Em*brace"\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Embraced
([e^]m*br[=a]st"); p. pr. & vb. n. Embracing
([e^]m*br[=a]"s[i^]ng).] [OE. embracier, F. embrasser; pref.
em- (L. in) + F. bras arm. See Brace, n.]
1. To clasp in the arms with affection; to take in the arms;
I will embrace him with a soldier's arm,
That he shall shrink under my courtesy. --Shak.
Paul called unto him the disciples, and embraced
them. --Acts xx. 1.
2. To cling to; to cherish; to love. --Shak.
3. To seize eagerly, or with alacrity; to accept with
cordiality; to welcome. “I embrace these conditions.”“You embrace the occasion.” --Shak.
What is there that he may not embrace for truth?
4. To encircle; to encompass; to inclose.
Low at his feet a spacious plain is placed,
Between the mountain and the stream embraced.
5. To include as parts of a whole; to comprehend; to take in;
as, natural philosophy embraces many sciences.
Not that my song, in such a scanty space,
So large a subject fully can embrace. --Dryden.
6. To accept; to undergo; to submit to. “I embrace this
fortune patiently.” --Shak.
7. (Law) To attempt to influence corruptly, as a jury or
Syn: To clasp; hug; inclose; encompass; include; comprise;
comprehend; contain; involve; imply.