Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Dubbing(0.00979 detik)
Found 3 items, similar to Dubbing.
English → Indonesian (quick)
English → English (WordNet)
v 1: give a nickname to [syn: nickname]
2: provide (movies) with a soundtrack of a foreign language
3: raise (someone) to knighthood; “The Beatles were knighted”
[also: dubbing, dubbed]
n : a new soundtrack that is added to a film
See dub English → English (gcide)
Dubbing \Dub"bing\, n.
1. The act of dubbing, as a knight, etc.
2. The act of rubbing, smoothing, or dressing; a dressing off
smooth with an adz.
3. A dressing of flour and water used by weavers; a mixture
of oil and tallow for dressing leather; daubing.
4. The body substance of an angler's fly. --Davy.
Dub \Dub\ (d[u^]b), v. t. [imp. & p. p. Dubbed (d[u^]bd); p.
pr. & vb. n. Dubbing.] [AS. dubban to strike, beat
(``dubbade his sunu . . . to r[=i]dere.'' --AS. Chron. an.
1086); akin to Icel. dubba; cf. OF. adouber (prob. fr. Icel.)
a chevalier, Icel. dubba til riddara.]
1. To confer knighthood upon; as, the king dubbed his son
Henry a knight.
Note: The conclusion of the ceremony was marked by a tap on
the shoulder with the sword.
2. To invest with any dignity or new character; to entitle;
A man of wealth is dubbed a man of worth. --Pope.
3. To clothe or invest; to ornament; to adorn. [Obs.]
His diadem was dropped down
Dubbed with stones. --Morte
4. To strike, rub, or dress smooth; to dab; as:
(a) To dress with an adz; as, to dub a stick of timber
(b) To strike cloth with teasels to raise a nap.
(c) To rub or dress with grease, as leather in the process
of cyrrying it. --Tomlinson.
(d) To prepare for fighting, as a gamecock, by trimming
the hackles and cutting off the comb and wattles.
To dub a fly, to dress a fishing fly. [Prov. Eng.]
To dub out (Plastering), to fill out, as an uneven surface,
to a plane, or to carry out a series of small projections.