Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Drag twist (0.01932 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to Drag twist.
English → English
Definition: Drag twist
, n. [See Drag
, v. t., and cf. Dray
a cart, and
1. The act of dragging; anything which is dragged.
2. A net, or an apparatus, to be drawn along the bottom under
water, as in fishing, searching for drowned persons, etc.
3. A kind of sledge for conveying heavy bodies; also, a kind
of low car or handcart; as, a stone drag.
4. A heavy coach with seats on top; also, a heavy carriage.
5. A heavy harrow, for breaking up ground.
(a) Anything towed in the water to retard a ship's
progress, or to keep her head up to the wind; esp., a
canvas bag with a hooped mouth, so used. See Drag sail
(b) Also, a skid or shoe, for retarding the motion of a
(c) Hence, anything that retards; a clog; an obstacle to
progress or enjoyment.
My lectures were only a pleasure to me, and no
drag. --J. D.
7. Motion affected with slowness and difficulty, as if
clogged. “Had a drag in his walk.”
8. (Founding) The bottom part of a flask or mold, the upper
part being the cope.
9. (Masonry) A steel instrument for completing the dressing
of soft stone.
10. (Marine Engin.) The difference between the speed of a
screw steamer under sail and that of the screw when the
ship outruns the screw; or between the propulsive effects
of the different floats of a paddle wheel. See Citation
, v. i., 3.
(Naut.), a sail or canvas rigged on a stout
frame, to be dragged by a vessel through the water in
order to keep her head to the wind or to prevent drifting;
-- called also drift sail
, drag sheet
, drag anchor
, floating anchor
(Mining), a spiral hook at the end of a rod for
cleaning drilled holes.