Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Dose (0.01030 detik)
Found 3 items, similar to Dose.
English → Indonesian
dosis, takaran obat
English → English
v 1: treat with an agent; add (an agent) to; “The ray dosed the
2: administer a drug to; “They drugged the kidnapped tourist”
n 1: a measured portion of medicine taken at any one time
2: the quantity of an active agent (substance or radiation)
taken in or absorbed at any one time [syn: dosage
3: street name for lysergic acid diethylamide [syn: acid
, back breaker
, loony toons
, Lucy in the sky with diamonds
, window pane
English → English
, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Dosed
; p. pr. & vb. n.
.] [Cf. F. doser. See Dose
1. To proportion properly (a medicine), with reference to the
patient or the disease; to form into suitable doses.
2. To give doses to; to medicine or physic to; to give
potions to, constantly and without need.
A self-opinioned physician, worse than his
distemper, who shall dose, and bleed, and kill him,
3. To give anything nauseous to.
(d[=o]s), n. [F. dose, Gr. do`sis a giving, a dose,
fr. dido`nai to give; akin to L. dare to give. See Date
point of time.]
1. The quantity of medicine given, or prescribed to be taken,
at one time.
2. A sufficient quantity; a portion; as much as one can take,
or as falls to one to receive.
3. Anything unpleasant that one is obliged to take; a
disagreeable portion thrust upon one; also used
figuratively, as to give someone a dose of his own
medicine, i. e. to retaliate in kind.
I am for curing the world by gentle alteratives, not
by violent doses. -- W. Irving.
I dare undertake that as fulsome a dose as you give
him, he shall readily take it down. -- South.
4. a quantity of radiation which an object absorbs, or to
which it is exposed.