Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Divided(0.01279 detik)
Found 3 items, similar to Divided.
English → Indonesian (quick)
English → English (WordNet)
adj 1: separated into parts or pieces; “opinions are divided” [ant:
2: having a median strip or island between lanes of traffic
moving in opposite directions; “a divided highway” [syn: dual-lane]
3: distributed in portions (often equal) on the basis of a plan
or purpose [syn: divided up, shared, shared out]
English → English (gcide)
Divide \Di*vide"\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Divided; p. pr. & vb.
n. Dividing.] [L. dividere, divisum; di- = dis- + root
signifying to part; cf. Skr. vyadh to pierce; perh. akin to
L. vidua widow, and E. widow. Cf. Device, Devise.]
1. To part asunder (a whole); to sever into two or more parts
or pieces; to sunder; to separate into parts.
Divide the living child in two. --1 Kings iii.
2. To cause to be separate; to keep apart by a partition, or
by an imaginary line or limit; as, a wall divides two
houses; a stream divides the towns.
Let it divide the waters from the waters. --Gen. i.
3. To make partition of among a number; to apportion, as
profits of stock among proprietors; to give in shares; to
distribute; to mete out; to share.
True justice unto people to divide. --Spenser.
Ye shall divide the land by lot. --Num. xxxiii.
4. To disunite in opinion or interest; to make discordant or
hostile; to set at variance.
If a kingdom be divided against itself, that kingdom
can not stand. --Mark iii.
Every family became now divided within itself.
5. To separate into two parts, in order to ascertain the
votes for and against a measure; as, to divide a
legislative house upon a question.
6. (Math.) To subject to arithmetical division.
7. (Logic) To separate into species; -- said of a genus or
8. (Mech.) To mark divisions on; to graduate; as, to divide a
9. (Music) To play or sing in a florid style, or with
variations. [Obs.] --Spenser.
Syn: To sever; dissever; sunder; cleave; disjoin; disunite;
detach; disconnect; part; distribute; share.
Divided \Di*vid"ed\, a.
1. Parted; disunited; distributed.
2. (Bot.) Cut into distinct parts, by incisions which reach
the midrib; -- said of a leaf.