Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Discrimination(0.01139 detik)
Found 3 items, similar to Discrimination.
English → Indonesian (quick)
diskriminasi, pembedaan, perbedaan
English → English (WordNet)
n 1: unfair treatment of a person or group on the basis of
prejudice [syn: favoritism, favouritism]
2: the cognitive process whereby two or more stimuli are
distinguished [syn: secernment]
English → English (gcide)
Discrimination \Dis*crim`i*na"tion\, n. [L. discriminatio the
contrasting of opposite thoughts.]
1. The act of discriminating, distinguishing, or noting and
To make an anxious discrimination between the
miracle absolute and providential. --Trench.
2. The state of being discriminated, distinguished, or set
apart. --Sir J. Reynolds.
3. (Railroads) The arbitrary imposition of unequal tariffs
for substantially the same service.
A difference in rates, not based upon any
corresponding difference in cost, constitutes a case
of discrimination. --A. T.
4. The quality of being discriminating; faculty of nicely
distinguishing; acute discernment; as, to show great
discrimination in the choice of means.
5. That which discriminates; mark of distinction.
Syn: Discernment; penetration; clearness; acuteness;
judgment; distinction. See Discernment.