Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Diaphragm pump(0.01361 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to Diaphragm pump.
English → English (gcide)
Definition: Diaphragm pump
Diaphragm \Di"a*phragm\, n. [L. diaphragma, Gr. ?, fr. ? to
fence by a partition wall; dia` through + ?, ?, to fence,
inclose; prob. akin to L. fareire to stuff: cf. F.
diaphragme. See Farce.]
1. A dividing membrane or thin partition, commonly with an
opening through it.
2. (Anat.) The muscular and tendinous partition separating
the cavity of the chest from that of the abdomen; the
3. (Zo["o]l.) A calcareous plate which divides the cavity of
certain shells into two parts.
4. (Opt.) A plate with an opening, which is generally
circular, used in instruments to cut off marginal portions
of a beam of light, as at the focus of a telescope.
5. (Mach.) A partition in any compartment, for various
Diaphragm pump, one in which a flexible diaphragm takes the
place of a piston.