Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Determining(0.01208 detik)
Found 4 items, similar to Determining.
English → Indonesian (Kamus Landak)
English → Indonesian (quick)
English → English (WordNet)
adj : having the power or quality of deciding; “the crucial
experiment”; “cast the deciding vote”; “the
determinative (or determinant) battle” [syn: crucial,
deciding(a), determinant, determinative, determining(a)]
English → English (gcide)
Determine \De*ter"mine\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Determined; p.
pr. & vb. n. Determining.] [F. d['e]terminer, L.
determinare, determinatum; de + terminare limit, terminus
limit. See Term.]
1. To fix the boundaries of; to mark off and separate.
[God] hath determined the times before appointed.
2. To set bounds to; to fix the determination of; to limit;
to bound; to bring to an end; to finish.
The knowledge of men hitherto hath been determined
by the view or sight. --Bacon.
Now, where is he that will not stay so long
Till his friend sickness hath determined me? --Shak.
3. To fix the form or character of; to shape; to prescribe
imperatively; to regulate; to settle.
The character of the soul is determined by the
character of its God. --J. Edwards.
Something divinely beautiful . . . that at some time
or other might influence or even determine her
course of life. --W. Black.
4. To fix the course of; to impel and direct; -- with a
remoter object preceded by to; as, another's will
determined me to this course.
5. To ascertain definitely; to find out the specific
character or name of; to assign to its true place in a
system; as, to determine an unknown or a newly discovered
plant or its name.
6. To bring to a conclusion, as a question or controversy; to
settle authoritative or judicial sentence; to decide; as,
the court has determined the cause.
7. To resolve on; to have a fixed intention of; also, to
cause to come to a conclusion or decision; to lead; as,
this determined him to go immediately.
8. (Logic) To define or limit by adding a differentia.
9. (Physical Sciences) To ascertain the presence, quantity,
or amount of; as, to determine the parallax; to determine
the salt in sea water.