Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Depth of a sail(0.01366 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to Depth of a sail.
English → English (gcide)
Definition: Depth of a sail
Depth \Depth\ (s[e^]pth), n. [From Deep; akin to D. diepte,
Icel. d[=y]pt, d[=y]p[eth], Goth. diupi[thorn]a.]
1. The quality of being deep; deepness; perpendicular
measurement downward from the surface, or horizontal
measurement backward from the front; as, the depth of a
river; the depth of a body of troops.
2. Profoundness; extent or degree of intensity; abundance;
completeness; as, depth of knowledge, or color.
Mindful of that heavenly love
Which knows no end in depth or height. --Keble.
3. Lowness; as, depth of sound.
4. That which is deep; a deep, or the deepest, part or place;
the deep; the middle part; as, the depth of night, or of
From you unclouded depth above. --Keble.
The depth closed me round about. --Jonah ii. 5.
5. (Logic) The number of simple elements which an abstract
conception or notion includes; the comprehension or
6. (Horology) A pair of toothed wheels which work together.
7. (A["e]ronautics) The perpendicular distance from the chord
to the farthest point of an arched surface.
[Webster 1913 Suppl.]
8. (Computers) the maximum number of times a type of
procedure is reiteratively called before the last call is
exited; -- of subroutines or procedures which are
reentrant; -- used of call stacks.
Depth of a sail (Naut.), the extent of a square sail from
the head rope to the foot rope; the length of the after
leach of a staysail or boom sail; -- commonly called the
drop of a sail.