Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Depression of the dewpoint (0.00841 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to Depression of the dewpoint.
English → English
Definition: Depression of the dewpoint
, n. [L. depressio: cf. F.
1. The act of depressing.
2. The state of being depressed; a sinking.
3. A falling in of the surface; a sinking below its true
place; a cavity or hollow; as, roughness consists in
little protuberances and depressions.
4. Humiliation; abasement, as of pride.
5. Dejection; despondency; lowness.
In a great depression of spirit. --Baker.
6. Diminution, as of trade, etc.; inactivity; dullness.
7. (Astron.) The angular distance of a celestial object below
8. (Math.) The operation of reducing to a lower degree; --
said of equations.
9. (Surg.) A method of operating for cataract; couching. See
, v. t., 8.
Angle of depression
(Geod.), one which a descending line
makes with a horizontal plane.
Depression of the dewpoint
(Meteor.), the number of degrees
that the dew-point is lower than the actual temperature of
Depression of the pole
, its apparent sinking, as the
spectator goes toward the equator.
Depression of the visible horizon
. (Astron.) Same as Dip of the horizon
, under Dip
Syn: Abasement; reduction; sinking; fall; humiliation;