Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Crotchet(0.01618 detik)
Found 2 items, similar to Crotchet.
English → English (WordNet)
n 1: a sharp curve or crook; a shape resembling a hook [syn: hook]
2: a musical note having the time value of a quarter of a whole
note [syn: quarter note]
3: a strange attitude or habit [syn: oddity, queerness, quirk,
4: a small tool or hook-like implement
English → English (gcide)
Crotchet \Crotch"et\ (kr?ch"?t; 224), n. [F. crochet, prop., a
little hook, a dim. from the same source as croc hook. See
Crook, and cf. Crochet, Crocket, Crosier.]
1. A forked support; a crotch.
The crotchets of their cot in columns rise.
2. (Mus.) A time note, with a stem, having one fourth the
value of a semibreve, one half that of a minim, and twice
that of a quaver; a quarter note.
3. (Fort.) An indentation in the glacis of the covered way,
at a point where a traverse is placed.
4. (Mil.) The arrangement of a body of troops, either forward
or rearward, so as to form a line nearly perpendicular to
the general line of battle.
5. (Print.) A bracket. See Bracket.
6. (Med.) An instrument of a hooked form, used in certain
cases in the extraction of a fetus. --Dunglison.
7. A perverse fancy; a whim which takes possession of the
mind; a conceit.
He ruined himself and all that trusted in him by
crotchets that he could never explain to any
rational man. --De Quincey.
Crotchet \Crotch"et\, v. i.
To play music in measured time. [Obs.] --Donne.