Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Cramp ring(0.01270 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to Cramp ring.
English → English (gcide)
Definition: Cramp ring
Cramp \Cramp\ (kr[a^]mp), n. [OE. crampe, craumpe; akin to D. &
Sw. kramp, Dan. krampe, G. krampf (whence F. crampe), Icel.
krappr strait, narrow, and to E. crimp, crumple; cf. cram.
1. That which confines or contracts; a restraint; a shackle;
A narrow fortune is a cramp to a great mind.
Crippling his pleasures with the cramp of fear.
2. (Masonry) A device, usually of iron bent at the ends, used
to hold together blocks of stone, timbers, etc.; a cramp
3. (Carp.) A rectangular frame, with a tightening screw, used
for compressing the joints of framework, etc.
4. A piece of wood having a curve corresponding to that of
the upper part of the instep, on which the upper leather
of a boot is stretched to give it the requisite shape.
5. (Med.) A spasmodic and painful involuntary contraction of
a muscle or muscles, as of the leg.
The cramp, divers nights, gripeth him in his legs.
--Sir T. More.
6. (Med.) A paralysis of certain muscles due to excessive
use; as, writer's cramp; milker's cramp, etc.
[Webster 1913 Suppl.]
Cramp bone, the patella of a sheep; -- formerly used as a
charm for the cramp. --Halliwell. “He could turn cramp
bones into chess men.” --Dickens.
Cramp ring, a ring formerly supposed to have virtue in
averting or curing cramp, as having been consecrated by
one of the kings of England on Good Friday.