Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Court of chivalry (0.00771 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to Court of chivalry.
English → English
Definition: Court of chivalry
, n. [F. chevalerie, fr. chevalier knight,
OF., horseman. See Chevalier
, and cf. Cavalry
1. A body or order of cavaliers or knights serving on
horseback; illustrious warriors, collectively; cavalry.
“His Memphian chivalry.”
By his light
Did all the chivalry of England move,
To do brave acts. --Shak.
2. The dignity or system of knighthood; the spirit, usages,
or manners of knighthood; the practice of knight-errantry.
3. The qualifications or character of knights, as valor,
dexterity in arms, courtesy, etc.
The glory of our Troy this day doth lie
On his fair worth and single chivalry. --Shak.
4. (Eng. Law) A tenure of lands by knight's service; that is,
by the condition of a knight's performing service on
horseback, or of performing some noble or military service
to his lord.
5. Exploit. [Obs.] --Sir P. Sidney.
Court of chivalry
, a court formerly held before the lord
high constable and earl marshal of England as judges,
having cognizance of contracts and other matters relating
to deeds of arms and war. --Blackstone.