Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Cordon sanitaire (0.00936 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to Cordon sanitaire.
English → English
Definition: Cordon sanitaire
(k[^o]r"d[o^]n; F. k[^o]r`d[^o]N"), n. [F., fr.
corde. See Cord
1. A cord or ribbon bestowed or borne as a badge of honor; a
broad ribbon, usually worn after the manner of a baldric,
constituting a mark of a very high grade in an honorary
order. Cf. Grand cordon
2. The cord worn by a Franciscan friar. --Sir E. Sandys.
3. (Fort.) The coping of the scarp wall, which projects
beyong the face of the wall a few inches.
4. (Mil.) A line or series of sentinels, or of military
posts, inclosing or guarding any place or thing.
5. A rich and ornamental lace or string, used to secure a
mantle in some costumes of state.
" s?`n?`t?r") [F., sanitary
cordon], a line of troops or military posts around a
district infected with disease, to cut off communication,
and thus prevent the disease from spreading. Also used
figuratively, of a group of neutral states that forms a
barrier between two hostile states.
[1913 Webster] ||