Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Contact level (0.00862 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to Contact level.
English → English
Definition: Contact level
(k[o^]n"t[a^]kt), n. [L. contactus, fr.
contingere, -tactum, to touch on all sides. See
1. A close union or junction of bodies; a touching or
2. (Geom.) The property of two curves, or surfaces, which
meet, and at the point of meeting have a common direction.
3. (Mining) The plane between two adjacent bodies of
dissimilar rock. --Raymond.
4. (Electricity) A metallic conducting component of an
electrical device connected to a circuit within and so
situated that it may form a conducting pathway to an
external power source or device when contacted by another
conductor; as, the contact on a standard light bulb has
the shape of a screw for easy insertion into the socket.
5. A person who serves to commmunicate information to or from
one group to another, whether formally or informally; as,
a good Washington reporter has contacts in the White
, a delicate level so pivoted as to tilt when
two parts of a measuring apparatus come into contact with
each other; -- used in precise determinations of lengths
and in the accurate graduation of instruments.