Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Conductor(0.01039 detik)
Found 3 items, similar to Conductor.
English → Indonesian (quick)
English → English (WordNet)
n 1: the person who leads a musical group [syn: music director,
2: a device designed to transmit electricity, heat, etc.
3: a substance that readily conducts e.g. electricity and heat
4: the person who collects fares on a public conveyance
English → English (gcide)
Conductor \Con*duct"or\ (k[o^]n*d[u^]k"t[~e]r), n. [LL., a
carrier, transporter, L., a lessee.]
1. One who, or that which, conducts; a leader; a commander; a
guide; a manager; a director.
Zeal, the blind conductor of the will. --Dryden.
2. One in charge of a public conveyance, as of a railroad
train or a street car. [U. S.]
3. (Mus.) The leader or director of an orchestra or chorus.
4. (Physics) A substance or body capable of being a medium
for the transmission of certain forces, esp. heat or
electricity; specifically, a lightning rod.
5. (Surg.) A grooved sound or staff used for directing
instruments, as lithontriptic forceps, etc.; a director.
6. (Arch.) Same as Leader.
Prime conductor (Elec.), the largest conductor of an
electrical machine, serving to collect, accumulate, or
retain the electricity.