Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Coffer(0.01097 detik)
Found 3 items, similar to Coffer.
English → Indonesian (quick)
English → English (WordNet)
n 1: an ornamental sunken panel in a ceiling or dome [syn: caisson,
2: a chest especially for storing valuables
English → English (gcide)
Coffer \Cof"fer\ (?; 115), n. [OF. cofre, F. coffre, L. cophinus
basket, fr. Gr. ?. Cf. Coffin, n.]
1. A casket, chest, or trunk; especially, one used for
keeping money or other valuables. --Chaucer.
In ivory coffers I have stuffed my crowns. --Shak.
2. Fig.: Treasure or funds; -- usually in the plural.
He would discharge it without any burden to the
queen's coffers, for honor sake. --Bacon.
Hold, here is half my coffer. --Shak.
3. (Arch.) A panel deeply recessed in the ceiling of a vault,
dome, or portico; a caisson.
4. (Fort.) A trench dug in the bottom of a dry moat, and
extending across it, to enable the besieged to defend it
by a raking fire.
5. The chamber of a canal lock; also, a caisson or a
Coffer dam. (Engin.) See Cofferdam, in the Vocabulary.
Coffer fish. (Zo["o]l.) See Cowfish.
Coffer \Cof"fer\, v. t.
1. To put into a coffer. --Bacon.
2. (Mining.) To secure from leaking, as a shaft, by ramming
clay behind the masonry or timbering. --Raymond.
3. To form with or in a coffer or coffers; to furnish with a
coffer or coffers.