Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Cloying(0.01341 detik)
Found 2 items, similar to Cloying.
English → English (WordNet)
adj : overly sweet [syn: saccharine, syrupy, treacly]
English → English (gcide)
Cloy \Cloy\ (kloi), v. t. [imp. & p. p. Cloyed (kloid); p. pr.
& vb. n. Cloying.] [OE. cloer to nail up, F. clouer, fr.
OF. clo nail, F. clou, fr. L. clavus nail. Cf. 3d Clove.]
1. To fill or choke up; to stop up; to clog. [Obs.]
The duke's purpose was to have cloyed the harbor by
sinking ships, laden with stones. --Speed.
2. To glut, or satisfy, as the appetite; to satiate; to fill
to loathing; to surfeit.
[Who can] cloy the hungry edge of appetite
By bare imagination of a feast? --Shak.
He sometimes cloys his readers instead of
3. To penetrate or pierce; to wound.
Which, with his cruel tusk, him deadly cloyed.
He never shod horse but he cloyed him. --Bacon.
4. To spike, as a cannon. [Obs.] --Johnson.
5. To stroke with a claw. [Obs.] --Shak.