Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Clout nail(0.02999 detik)
Found 2 items, similar to Clout nail.
English → English (WordNet)
Definition: clout nail
n : a short nail with a flat head; used to attach sheet metal to
wood [syn: clout]
English → English (gcide)
Definition: Clout nail
Clout \Clout\ (klout), n. [AS. cl[=u]t a little cloth, piece of
metal; cf. Sw. klut, Icel. kl[=u]tr a kerchief, or W. clwt a
clout, Gael. clud.]
1. A cloth; a piece of cloth or leather; a patch; a rag.
His garments, nought but many ragged clouts,
With thorns together pinned and patched was.
A clout upon that head where late the diadem stood.
2. A swadding cloth.
3. A piece; a fragment. [Obs.] --Chaucer.
4. The center of the butt at which archers shoot; -- probably
once a piece of white cloth or a nail head.
A'must shoot nearer or he'll ne'er hit the clout.
5. An iron plate on an axletree or other wood to keep it from
wearing; a washer.
6. A blow with the hand. [Low]
Clout nail, a kind of wrought-iron nail heaving a large
flat head; -- used for fastening clouts to axletrees,
plowshares, etc., also for studding timber, and for