Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Clouding(0.00949 detik)
Found 3 items, similar to Clouding.
English → Indonesian (quick)
English → English (WordNet)
n : the process whereby water particles become visible in the
sky [syn: clouding up]
English → English (gcide)
Cloud \Cloud\ (kloud), v. t. [imp. & p. p. Clouded; p. pr. &
vb. n. Clouding.]
1. To overspread or hide with a cloud or clouds; as, the sky
2. To darken or obscure, as if by hiding or enveloping with a
cloud; hence, to render gloomy or sullen.
One day too late, I fear me, noble lord,
Hath clouded all thy happy days on earth. --Shak.
Be not disheartened, then, nor cloud those looks.
Nothing clouds men's minds and impairs their honesty
like prejudice. --M. Arnold.
3. To blacken; to sully; to stain; to tarnish; to damage; --
esp. used of reputation or character.
I would not be a stander-by to hear
My sovereign mistress clouded so, without
My present vengeance taken. --Shak.
4. To mark with, or darken in, veins or sports; to variegate
with colors; as, to cloud yarn.
And the nice conduct of a clouded cane. --Pope.
Clouding \Cloud"ing\, n.
1. A mottled appearance given to ribbons and silks in the
process of dyeing.
2. A diversity of colors in yarn, recurring at regular