Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Clear days (0.01354 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to Clear days.
English → English
Definition: Clear days
(kl[=e]r), a. [Compar. Clearer
.] [OE. cler, cleer, OF. cler, F. clair, fr.L.
clarus, clear, bright, loud, distinct, renowned; perh. akin
to L. clamare to call, E. claim. Cf. Chanticleer
1. Free from opaqueness; transparent; bright; light;
The stream is so transparent, pure, and clear.
Fair as the moon, clear as the sun. --Canticles
2. Free from ambiguity or indistinctness; lucid; perspicuous;
plain; evident; manifest; indubitable.
One truth is clear; whatever is, is right. --Pope.
3. Able to perceive clearly; keen; acute; penetrating;
discriminating; as, a clear intellect; a clear head.
Mother of science! now I feel thy power
Within me clear, not only to discern
Things in their causes, but to trace the ways
Of highest agents. --Milton.
4. Not clouded with passion; serene; cheerful.
With a countenance as clear
As friendship wears at feasts. --Shak.
5. Easily or distinctly heard; audible; canorous.
Hark! the numbers soft and clear
Gently steal upon the ear. --Pope.
6. Without mixture; entirely pure; as, clear sand.
7. Without defect or blemish, such as freckles or knots; as,
a clear complexion; clear lumber.
8. Free from guilt or stain; unblemished.
Statesman, yet friend to truth! in soul sincere,
In action faithful, and in honor clear. --Pope.
9. Without diminution; in full; net; as, clear profit.
I often wished that I had clear,
For life, six hundred pounds a-year. --Swift
10. Free from impediment or obstruction; unobstructed; as, a
clear view; to keep clear of debt.
My companion . . . left the way clear for him.
11. Free from embarrassment; detention, etc.
The cruel corporal whispered in my ear,
Five pounds, if rightly tipped, would set me clear.
. See under Breach
, n., 4.
(Law.), days reckoned from one day to another,
excluding both the first and last day; as, from Sunday to
Sunday there are six clear days.
, boards, planks, etc., free from knots.
Syn: Manifest; pure; unmixed; pellucid; transparent;
luminous; obvious; visible; plain; evident; apparent;
distinct; perspicuous. See Manifest