Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Chine(0.01884 detik)
Found 3 items, similar to Chine.
English → Indonesian (quick)
English → English (WordNet)
n 1: cut of meat or fish including at least part of the backbone
2: backbone of an animal
v : cut through the backbone of an animal
English → English (gcide)
Chine \Chine\, n. [Cf. Chink.]
A chink or cleft; a narrow and deep ravine; as, Shanklin
Chine in the Isle of Wight, a quarter of a mile long and 230
feet deep. [Prov. Eng.] “The cottage in a chine.” --J.
Chine \Chine\, n. [OF. eschine, F. ['e]chine, fr. OHG. skina
needle, prickle, shin, G. schiene splint, schienbein shin.
For the meaning cf. L. spina thorn, prickle, or spine, the
backbone. Cf. Shin.]
1. The backbone or spine of an animal; the back. “And chine
with rising bristles roughly spread.” --Dryden.
2. A piece of the backbone of an animal, with the adjoining
parts, cut for cooking.
Note: [See Illust. of Beef.]
3. The edge or rim of a cask, etc., formed by the projecting
ends of the staves; the chamfered end of a stave.
Chine \Chine\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Chined.]
1. To cut through the backbone of; to cut into chine pieces.
2. Too chamfer the ends of a stave and form the chine..