Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Chill and fever (0.00970 detik)
Found 1 items, similar to Chill and fever.
English → English
Definition: Chill and fever
(ch[i^]l), n. [AS. cele, cyle, from the same root
as celan, calan, to be cold; akin to D. kil cold, coldness,
Sw. kyla to chill, and E. cool. See Cold
, and cf. Cool
1. A moderate but disagreeable degree of cold; a disagreeable
sensation of coolness, accompanied with shivering. ``[A]
wintry chill.'' --W. Irving.
2. (Med.) A sensation of cold with convulsive shaking of the
body, pinched face, pale skin, and blue lips, caused by
undue cooling of the body or by nervous excitement, or
forming the precursor of some constitutional disturbance,
as of a fever.
3. A check to enthusiasm or warmth of feeling;
discouragement; as, a chill comes over an assembly.
4. An iron mold or portion of a mold, serving to cool
rapidly, and so to harden, the surface of molten iron
brought in contact with it. --Raymond.
5. The hardened part of a casting, as the tread of a car
Chill and fever
, fever and ague.