Online Dictionary: translate word or phrase from Indonesian to English or vice versa, and also from english to english on-line.
Hasil cari dari kata atau frase: Chester(0.01107 detik)
Found 4 items, similar to Chester.
English → Indonesian (Kamus Landak)
English → Indonesian (quick)
English → English (WordNet)
n : a city of southeastern Pennsylvania on the Delaware river
(an industrial suburb of Philadelphia)
English → English (gcide)
Chest \Chest\ (ch[e^]st), n. [OE. chest, chist, AS. cest, cist,
cyst, L. cista, fr. Gr. ki`sth. Cf. Cist, Cistern.]
1. A large box of wood, or other material, having, like a
trunk, a lid, but no covering of skin, leather, or cloth.
Heaps of money crowded in the chest. --Dryden.
2. A coffin. [Obs.]
He is now dead and mailed in his cheste. --Chaucer.
3. The part of the body inclosed by the ribs and breastbone;
4. (Com.) A case in which certain goods, as tea, opium, etc.,
are transported; hence, the quantity which such a case
5. (Mech.) A tight receptacle or box, usually for holding
gas, steam, liquids, etc.; as, the steam chest of an
engine; the wind chest of an organ.
Bomb chest, See under Bomb.
Chest of drawers, a case or movable frame containing
Chest \Chest\ (ch[e^]st), v. i. [imp. & p. p. Chested.]
1. To deposit in a chest; to hoard.
2. To place in a coffin. [Obs.]
He dieth and is chested. --Gen. 1. 26
Chest \Chest\ (ch[e^]st), n. [AS. ce['a]st.]
Strife; contention; controversy. [Obs.] --P. Plowman.